Planning a gift can be as stressful as planning an event, finding the right dress or even the right guy. But worry not! The following Fab 5 ideas will put you at your creative best with quick, personalized and thoughtful gift ideas to pick from. Now even if it’s last minute, your gift will stand out… So let’s get started!
1. Personalized Gift Bag: This is the best way to let go of your stress and put together an assorted gift for your loved ones. The gift, in all possible ways, shows how well you know the person and can easily be planned in several ways. All you need to do is decide on the number of items to gift. Even if you are really short on time, you can easily arrange 3-4 gifts and make a sweet gift bag. Simply think of easy-to-buy things the person really loves. It could be a favorite chocolate, a cool t-shirt, watch, handbag, shower gel, body lotion, perfume, mug, snack and so on. Hit the mall or the market if you have the time or buy different products from a common website. You can combine all these items together and present them as one gift. However, don’t exceed more than 6-8 items (looks confusing). Think of what comes to your mind instantly and keep adding it to your list. Gift bags are easily available in gift stores in various sizes (no hassle of packing).
Why it works: It’s not always easy to come down to a single gift option. Works well when your ideas seem repetitive and mundane and you end up thinking a lot.
2. Spa Coupon: Depending on what your budget is or how sorry you are to have not planned a gift, this gift option is fast and ideal. All you need to do is Google and find a spa in your city where you can send your friend, parents, siblings or whomsoever you wish to gift. This works for all! Spa coupons are also great as gifting options for couples, as it’s a way to chill and relax together. If your budget is slightly high, you can even book a retreat or a hotel in a nearby location and present that as a gift. Few clicks online and you are sorted.
Why it works: Who doesn’t need a good break guys. Especially when it’s fully paid 🙂
3. A Collage: Been looking for gift ideas for weeks and haven’t found anything? Social media has your answer. Your phone and social media accounts are full of pictures of your loved ones. Now when it comes to gifting them, just single out the best pictures, fond memories and simply create a collage. Collages can be made through several applications on your mobile and online. Just be sure that you download trusted applications that are certified and have genuine reviews. Once the collage is made, get it printed and framed and your gift is ready. You can give this to someone who just had a baby with pictures of the baby and the mother, to your parents on their anniversary, to your BFF, on a birthday and many more such occasions.
Why it works: Pictures are memories for life. What better way to gift someone a reason to cherish and smile.
4. Handwritten Note: If you are someone who likes to put in little effort but still wants to gift something thoughtful, point 4 is for you. Take out a pen, a paper (try getting a nice blank sheet, colored paper or recycled distressed paper) and write. It may seem old- fashioned nowadays but many people appreciate this. And if you are good with words, even better! Write a personalized note or a poem and express your feelings on the particular occasion. To make the note look creative, make a scroll and secure it with a ribbon. You can also get it framed if you have the time. And for those who are lazy to write and fall short of words, a greeting card and a bouquet are a safe combo. Something is always better than nothing!
Why it works: It’s nothing fancy but makes for a nice gesture. Words mean much more than gifts to some people.
5. Gift Card: Coming to the final idea — this is a gift option suitable for those who leave it to the last minute, don’t like planning too much or are never sure what to gift. A GIFT CARD! Gift cards are available through various websites and stores. You can choose from a wide variety of offline and online stores dealing in fashion, beauty products, books, electronics, décor and much more. By sending a gift card, you just leave it to the person to purchase whatever they like while you have done your bit, on time!
Why it works: It includes shopping. Who wouldn’t love it!
You may feel that one’s presence is a gift in itself (I do) but sadly those at the receiving end may entertain no such thought. Thus, the above gift ideas will surely help you as they can be referred to for several occasions and for different people in your life.
If you’ve got something to add, make sure you put it in the comment box below.